History of W.W.A.

Wattana Wittaya Academy is under the foundation of
the Church of Christ in Thailand. It was founded in B.E.2417 (A.D.1874)
by the American Presbyterian Missionaries and originally named
“Kullasatri Wanglang". The school was located in the Royal Palace

Which is now within the compound of Siriraj Hospital.
It was the first boarding school for girls and the first kindergarten of Thailand.
Mrs. Harriet M. House was the first principal.
The primary objectives of the school were
to educate Thai young girls in the fundamental skills of
reading, writing, Bible study and sewing.

In B.E.2464, Miss Edna S. Cole moved the school campus
to its present location and changed the name to
“Wattana Wittaya Academy”.

In 2020, “Kullasatri Wanglang” - "Wattana Wittaya Academy"
celebrated the 146th anniversary in which
The Church of Christ in Thailand Foundation obtains the license and
Mr. Jatupol Bongkochmas as the school licensee representative
and the school president
Founders of Kullasatri Wanglang School >> the American Presbyterian Missionaries

At Present

Wattana Wittaya Academy is the lady boarding school under the Office of the Private Education Commission (OPEC), offering kindergarten level to fundamental education. It is a day school from kindergarten through grade 6 and boarding school from grade 7 through grade 12. The school is located at 67 Sukhumvit Rd., Soi 19, Khlong Toey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110

Covering 20 acres and 465 square meters, the school is surrounded by schools, hospitals, hotels, banks, and government offices such as Srinakharinwirot Demonstration School, Saint Dominic School, Bumrungrad International Hospital, Robinson Department Store, The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, and The Landmark Bangkok, Krung Thai Bank, Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited, Thai Commercial Bank, Limited and Wattana District Office.

School Executive

Dr. Patcharaporn Duangchurn

Manager

Mrs. Supaluk Chaisathan

Director

X